Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly I had a collision with a large deer on Saturday evening and my 159 2.4 SW Lusso is no more. I had owned her for 7 yrs, she had done 168,000 miles and I was holding out for a new Giulia. Be careful on those Peak District moors.

I guess many people have had the same problem deciding what car to replace their 159 with the long wait for the Giulia replacement. Should I try a 159 tbi? a Giulietta QV? Any suggestions gratefully received.

I will miss the torque of 2.4 159 but not the understeer. I replaced the 18" wheels with 17" wheels from a Brera which helped the ride and tram-lining and made the car feel more agile.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Why not a 2.0 engine, still plenty of power, and less weight over the front to reduce the under steer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem here...

Hi,

I have almost the same problem. My 159 SW (only a 1.9) on the other hand has a broken gearbox, and has more than 255.000km. So not a real profitable repair. But I loved her, and I already miss her ! :depressed:

I've always been a fan of the Giulietta. So I've been looking at the 1.750 QV version. Through Autoscout I already found a decent priced one but it was kinda sucky. But SOOOOOO fun to drive. :thumbup:

Therefore I'm keeping my eyes out for a GQV. Not easy finding them on a <15.000 euro budget :(

Good luck to you sir ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the all replies Chaps . I had a test drive in a Giulietta QV at Beechdale Derby and it feels quick and modern, though anyone who has driven a busso v6 will be wanting to put a sports exhaust/cat on it. However the 159 cabin is a nice place to be and the SW can deal with IKEA and my mountain bike. I will try and find a 2.0 diesel to test drive.

Juliedh, sorry that you can't find a QV for <15k Euros in Belgium, with the collapse in the British Pound this week you can come to the UK and buy a right hand drive one!

Thanks again

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, try a 1750TBi! Mine is my second 159 and like so many it should have been replaced by the Giulia by now! Suspect might go straight to the Ghibli, but no wagons of course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Juliedh, sorry that you can't find a QV for <15k Euros in Belgium, with the collapse in the British Pound this week you can come to the UK and buy a right hand drive one!
Haha :p That would be a challenge ! I drove a LHD Land Rover Series once. Quite a challenge ! :alien:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ohh DoH!... bet thats going to be deer to fix :p

worry i just had to have a pun in there i was thinking of puns Fur a while but i buckled up ,,

hope you get it sorted out , go for a 2.0 version

1 - 12 of 12 Posts