Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly I had a collision with a large deer on Saturday evening and my 159 2.4 SW Lusso is no more. I had owned her for 7 yrs, she had done 168,000 miles and I was holding out for a new Giulia. Be careful on those Peak District moors.

I guess many people have had the same problem deciding what car to replace their 159 with the long wait for the Giulia replacement. Should I try a 159 tbi? a Giulietta QV? Any suggestions gratefully received.

I will miss the torque of 2.4 159 but not the understeer. I replaced the 18" wheels with 17" wheels from a Brera which helped the ride and tram-lining and made the car feel more agile.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Why not a 2.0 engine, still plenty of power, and less weight over the front to reduce the under steer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem here...

Hi,

I have almost the same problem. My 159 SW (only a 1.9) on the other hand has a broken gearbox, and has more than 255.000km. So not a real profitable repair. But I loved her, and I already miss her ! :depressed:

I've always been a fan of the Giulietta. So I've been looking at the 1.750 QV version. Through Autoscout I already found a decent priced one but it was kinda sucky. But SOOOOOO fun to drive. :thumbup:

Therefore I'm keeping my eyes out for a GQV. Not easy finding them on a <15.000 euro budget :(

Good luck to you sir ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the all replies Chaps . I had a test drive in a Giulietta QV at Beechdale Derby and it feels quick and modern, though anyone who has driven a busso v6 will be wanting to put a sports exhaust/cat on it. However the 159 cabin is a nice place to be and the SW can deal with IKEA and my mountain bike. I will try and find a 2.0 diesel to test drive.

Juliedh, sorry that you can't find a QV for <15k Euros in Belgium, with the collapse in the British Pound this week you can come to the UK and buy a right hand drive one!

Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Juliedh, sorry that you can't find a QV for <15k Euros in Belgium, with the collapse in the British Pound this week you can come to the UK and buy a right hand drive one!
Haha :p That would be a challenge ! I drove a LHD Land Rover Series once. Quite a challenge ! :alien:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ohh DoH!... bet thats going to be deer to fix :p

worry i just had to have a pun in there i was thinking of puns Fur a while but i buckled up ,,

hope you get it sorted out , go for a 2.0 version

1 - 12 of 12 Posts