Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

After work the other day, I didn't get any response from the car when i pressed the buttons on the key. So I replaced the battery in the key fob, but still nothing. I went to try the key blade, but the lock in the door was of course completely seized up (probably never used). After a bit of penetrating oil and half an hour of swearing, I finally got in to the car. When i put the key fob in the ignition however, the dashboard told me "electronic key not recognized".

Left the car over night and came back the next day with my spare key. No problems what so ever, unlocked the car with the remote and the car started. I've searched the forum, but I can't find this combo of key problems.

The first key still doesn't work. As I understand it, the remote functions of the fob is powered by the battery, but the ignition stuff isn't, which means both functions failed simultaneously?

Has anyone had this problem? Is my key dead? Any ideas what this could be and how to fix it?
Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the tip.

I've already tried that, although I reassembled it after just a few minutes. It seemed dry, but it didn't change anything.

I also tried bending the contact pins for the battey, but that didn't work either.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts