Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to have the Brake fluid (React Performance DOT 4) and Power Steering fluid (GI/R - synthetic Green fluid) on my 2007 2.2 JTS.

Does anyone know the actual capacity of both? There is no info in the Owners manual, various oil websites etc. Some suggestions include each is less than 1 litre for a full fluid change.

Can someone tell me exactly how much I need to supply to the garage who is doing it for me? I am buying best quality out there so don't want the garage's own supplied fluids!

Also, any other synthetic alternatives to GI/R? I am not a big fan of Tutela stuff. Fuchs Titan 4300 B Synthetic - Green fluid, appears to be a good match looking at Opieoils website.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am planning to have the Brake fluid (React Performance DOT 4) and Power Steering fluid (GI/R - synthetic Green fluid) on my 2007 2.2 JTS.

Does anyone know the actual capacity of both? There is no info in the Owners manual, various oil websites etc. Some suggestions include each is less than 1 litre for a full fluid change.

Can someone tell me exactly how much I need to supply to the garage who is doing it for me? I am buying best quality out there so don't want the garage's own supplied fluids!

Also, any other synthetic alternatives to GI/R? I am not a big fan of Tutela stuff. Fuchs Titan 4300 B Synthetic - Green fluid, appears to be a good match looking at Opieoils website.

Cheers.
Any idea fellow AO's?? (Bump....Bump....)

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
A liter of brake fluid is enough to bleed them through but for road use just standard dot 4 will be fine and 2 liters of pas fluid is enough to change it, do you have the green fluid already in it? Changing from the red that is in many earlier cars from new to the thinner green can show up any wear in the rack with leaks from the seals which will need a new rack.

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A liter of brake fluid is enough to bleed them through but for road use just standard dot 4 will be fine and 2 liters of pas fluid is enough to change it, do you have the green fluid already in it? Changing from the red that is in many earlier cars from new to the thinner green can show up any wear in the rack with leaks from the seals which will need a new rack.
Thanks. It already has the green fluid.monly changing it as a matter of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts