Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi first post here. im from ballymena in northern ireland, about 2 years ago i bought an alfa 159 2.2 ti. Lately its been snapping springs off at a rate of one a week. i now have 3 springs broke, 2 fronts and a rear. i checked with several car parts suppliers, but none of them have springs for my car listed. Before i go to the main dealer, Is there anyone online that does these? its also coming up on its first mot and is due a timing chain. Can anyone recommend anyone in the North Antrim area that can carry out this work?

·
Registered
204 Posts
............. snip ............ its also coming up on its first mot and is due a timing chain. Can anyone recommend anyone in the North Antrim area that can carry out this work?
Am I missing something? Your car has the 2.2 JTS petrol engine, right?

Unless you are one of the unlucky ones with chain stretch problems, you shouldn't have to replace the timing chain. It's a pretty big job and certainly not something which one would associate with the first MOT.

I have that engine in my Spider and the owner's manual servicing information doesn't even mention timing chain service intervals; it only addresses belt change intervals for the diesel engine version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts