Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I hit the 60,000 mile mark (Am I the first?) and have to say she's still running sweet as a nut. :)

I've previously mentioned the warranty work I've had done (steering rack change to get rid of creak, and a couple of failed sensors) which considering 60k to be the equivalent of 5 years motoring I think is good going.

Was going to change her but Kwikfit had an offer on P Zeros, (30% off 4) so going to wait till they've worn down a bit. Probably start looking coming up to Christmas.

The 159 really is a fantastic car despite it's odd little faults (storage space inside and crap hifi being the main two) but I've been looking around to see if there is an alternative out there for me. I'm mainly thinking about trying to get the mpg down a bit.

Mondeo Titanium X - nice car, plenty of features but looks the same as the Passat, Citroen, etc

Any Audi - Just so common on the roads.

BMW - see Mondeo above

Mazda, Toyota, etc - Too plastic

I keep coming back to the 159's looks and style - There is nothing out there that compares, at least not in the same price bracket. Would love a 3.2 but not with fuel at 112 a litre :(

Anyone any ideas on what would make a suitable replacement? Don't think I'll be swayed by them but would be nice to hear some ideas.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
3.2 V6 with LPG conversion.
:D

Did you see the post about changing the graphic equaliser settings?
It's like installing a whole new stereo!
:cool:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Keeping the Italian theme, the new Lancia Delta looks much better in the flesh than in photos and in the right colour combo can actually look very good.

Interior is very nice too.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
'Mondeo Titanium X - nice car, plenty of features but looks the same as the Passat, Citroen, etc'

It took me ages to remember what the Mondeo looks like. With those vaned, multi multi spoked wheels they look so slab sided.

The new Mazda 6 looks like the new Jag XF to me, a bit of the Aston fastback look.

Lexus? RWD?

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
60k miles is one of the highest runners here on AO - pleased to hear things gone well:thumbs:

Replacement car :confused: 3 series :confused::eek::tut:;)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts