Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have problem with my alfa :/
1. engine has rattle noise, when i bought it few months ago, it was nice and quiet, few days after purchase it started to rattle from startup, rattle is louder when revs go up..Also on 5th january i went home from other city, i was forcing car a bit on highway, when i started car next morning it was nice and quiet, next 2 days, on 3rd day i went to that other city, on toll booth it started regeneration (i had DPF back then) and from that moment engine returned that rattle sound...

2. vibrations on gas pedals and gear lever, for example when i keep some speed i hold my foot on gas pedal, i feel vibrations, which are more intense with higher revs..., also when i stay on red light i also feel vibrations on brake pedal and when i rest my hand on gear lever

3. Loss of power when engine warms up

4. Driver seat started to squeak on speed bumps...

Car has 170 000km on it (its real not false KM)..

I removed dpf, blocked EGR (via software, dpf filter is removed from its housing too), changed oil and filters too, previous owner did big service before selling, i fill it up with good fuel, when i was changing oil and filters, my mechanic reseted service, and we checked injectors while car was steady, 2 were in +, 2 were in -, values between -1 up to +1, or -2 up to +2, cant remember...

Also intake manifold is brand new

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
Has it ever had the EGR cooler cover replaced?

They are prone to cracking and dumping coolant. Just thinking that it might have cracked in the past and made the engine loose coolant and overheat, which has caused damage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has it ever had the EGR cooler cover replaced?

They are prone to cracking and dumping coolant. Just thinking that it might have cracked in the past and made the engine loose coolant and overheat, which has caused damage.
No idea, i have car since end of september, it had problem with intake manifold it had some crack and it had coolant leaking a bit, so i replaced it, but previous owner knew about it so he payed attention about coolant level, but i have no idea how car was quiet first few days then started to rattle, also rattle was gone for 2-3 days in january...

Any idea about other troubles?

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
Maybe an injector issue?

If the injector isn't working propely it can make the engine noisier. Not sure about rattle as such, but maybe more diesel clatter?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe an injector issue?

If the injector isn't working propely it can make the engine noisier. Not sure about rattle as such, but maybe more diesel clatter?
Could be...idk how it can be quiet again for 2-3 days then when regeneration started it started to be loud...and from outside when engine is warm it sound nice and smooth, in cabin you can only hear that noise

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any part of the exhaust and on the underside of the engine cover.

Most definitely rpm related rattle.
I have no idea, could be, atm i got my licence suspended for 20 more days, ill go to alfa dealer to check in their service...as my mechanic cant find any issues and he worked in alfa service but am not really sattisfied with his work overall...

What do you think is problem with power loss when engine warms up ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts