Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has had the mods done to the 2.0 JTDm 170bhp engine at all? If so, what are your opinions of it? I'm considering getting this done when the car is out of warranty but I'm a little concerned on wear on the transmission especially as I tow a fair amount.

What really annoys me about this engine (and the reason for considering the mod) is that the engine bogs down really bad when you come off the clutch anything remotely fast!:rolleyes: (my 1.9 147 was nothing like this engine!). You seem to always have to slip the clutch and blip the throttle.
I was wondering if this is down to the DPF rubbish and whether a remap and the EGR/DPF deletion will fix this.

Cheers,

Toby.

· Registered
32,427 Posts
Don't know - but let us know how you get on :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I should have added I love the engine and am happy with the amount of get up and go it has (even though it doesn't feel as fast as it is) but I just dislike the sluggishness it has around town and below 2k rpm. :(

So basically I'm not after a power hike really I just want it to perform better lower down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.