Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short review of new engine in 159 this week, fairly positive review, slightly sneering however.. 3.5 stars out of 5.

Lazy journalism I think ... but for the first time ever (perhaps) no mention of rust or reliability !!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hope that article about the 159's replacement being based on an elongated version of the new 149 is wrong. It's a nice looking motor and all but not in the same league as the 159. Megan Fox compared with Sam Fox springs to mind.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I don't know actually. If they do it really nicely an elongated 149 platform could work. The main downside I find with the 159/Brera platforms (and yes the Brera is a shortere platform) is the width - it gives great handling but makes it a bugger to get in a traditional garage/park in a car park with a big safety margin to avoid other people door dinging it...

G

·
I'm sorry I couldn't read past THIS paragraph in Autocar >>>>>>

"There has also been plenty of work done to lift the 159 from its dynamic mediocrity into the sort of machine that more fulfils the adventure promised by its looks."

Now if it had been a Ford............................................ :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts