Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT?

I called up Edenvale Alfa now to enquire about a Greyish GQV for R285k!!! And also spoke about this silver 159 TBi Ti with 178kw, I mentioned to the guy that there must be a mistake, they are all with 147kw...

He said no...this one has 178kw from the factory, aparently the overseas models have 147kw, the ones that was released in UK before we got ours...and the new ones, 2011/2012 ones are 178kw?

How true is this? he sounds very sure, maybe he looked in the owners manual and it said 178kw???

HA?

P

·
0 Posts
Well the 159TBi I test drove felt a lot stronger than the claimed 147kw but then again my 125kw Giulietta feels stronger than the claimed power figures too...

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Letts hope they upgraded the 159 to 178kw that will definitely make it even more attractive.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Would the 1750 TBi fit into a Mito?

It would then be a Mito gta (note the small letters gta) :rolleyes:
So, manne, then we can talk some power-to-weight ratios, and the Mito gta would rape a few established 2T hatches..

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Why they do not put that into production is a mystery.
Suppose they do not want to be class leading anymore.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm telling you guys and have told you numerous times...Its F'ing FIAT!

They release Abarth versions like no one's business...if the MiTo GTA were released it would kill the 500 Abarth I'm 100% sure of it!

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
The Mito GTA would be in the price range of a giulietta quad and would be direct competition to their top brand. It makes not sense

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
It makes absolute sense even if it will cost the same as a G.
That might be exactly what the MITO need seeing that lesser models also tend to sell better once a proper performance model is introduced.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Example.

VW Scirroco 2.0T and VW G6 GTi...same price, different cars, and it worked for them!

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
but those are the same car.. one just got flattened at the top

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes...same as MiTo and GQV...put same engine in MiTo I can tell you now it will sell...just put an eDiff in as well

P

·
0 Posts
Yes it would be priced close to the GQV but,

Its lighter so it will be quicker.. So some will buy it for that reason

The GQV is not as quick as the Mito GTA but its bigger, some will buy if for that reason.

I think they made a BIG mistake not bringing the MiTo GTA to the market!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
:thumbs:

Not even mentioning the potential for racing.
If you want to sell Alfa’s get them on the track and win races. The MITTO GTA could be the perfect tool for that job.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eDiff is the shizzz!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
E diff is fine but a proper mechanical unit like the Q2 work’s brilliantly without being as intrusive as a proper LS.
On the GTV I can definitely feel the deference especially when it starts boosting in a corner. Where the nose used to run out under power it now tuck’s in nicely.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I think they made a BIG mistake not bringing the MiTo GTA to the market!
I couldn't agree more. We need a monster, not a 8C or a 4C or any other C. Just a small giant killer.

If a Mito GTA came out and was tweaked alittle and lighter. It could really light the time sheets up. Just imagine if it could dip into the 5 seconds for 0 - 100. People would rush out and buy it, especially if it was affordable. People are not going to move from the "loved and adored" brands to brands such as Alfa or Fiat if the pricing is to high.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Technically the 4c will be a giant killer, considering it will be a lightweight 1750 killing BMW M3's etc. Its gonna be legendary!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts