Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys... I'm in need of your wise knowledge.
As the title says, my 159 has developed a hiccup/judder at full boost (gauge speaking) pretty obvious at around 2.9k-3k rpm.
On hard accelerations at 2nd and 3rd gears it presents these symptoms, if I step the throttle down progressively, it only does a small kick at the same rev regime as the judder. Kinda like on/off power.

I've been told by my mechanic to blank the EGR temporarily and see if it solves it despite the error message coming on.

Could this be the cause?
I've done a lot with MES but could only log a few parameters because I had a free licence only. I'll try to upload it.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Yep, it's an easy enough job, see if it works, at least you can rule it out, but yes it does cause issues at around the 3k rpm mark.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yep, it's an easy enough job, see if it works, at least you can rule it out, but yes it does cause issues at around the 3k rpm mark.
Thank you for your reply.
I will try it on the weekend.
The mechanic mentioned the solenoid inside could be corroded, therefore might not be working correctly.

I've read the "cleaning the EGR" thread, on the stickies, but I couldn't understand clearly the part of drilling the EGR and removing it's parts without causing damage so I didn't dare.

EDIT: Added the MES log on the link below:

http://mega.nz/#!A88zFToB!MzLZiM7u-SNCEVVzK_YL0Wn5F4kf3iUgnKVGSaeyQjs

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I've made a set of full blanking plates for the EGR.
Took it for a drive a couple of times and that judder seems to have gone.
Got the checking engine light on as expected but drives well.
However it still does a small kick at almost 1.6bar, gauge wise.
I wonder if an additive like Wynn's Diesel Turbo Cleaner would make a difference even if the turbo vanes are in good condition...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts