Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for clutch recommendations for my 159, had planned to upgrade at some point however that point has come sooner than I expected.

It is a 2009 1.9 jtdm and from the history file, the last one fitted was a LUK Repset Pro, although there was no DMF fitted at that point by the previous owner.

From the internet searches, I can see that Sachs do a standard set with DMF or there is the normal LUK or Valeo options (although it appears that they are all Valeo)

The Car is currently outside my regular mechanics place, so I have a little time to research options over the easter weekend.

What is recommend in terms of something more durable with the potential for handling a mild map somewhere down the line?

Whilst the Box is off the car, should I be looking at getting anything done to it in way of preventative maintenance?

There is a revision to the end plate and bearings available , Revised M32 Endcase and Larger Bearings | The Courtenay Sport Blog

Has anybody had this done?

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I would stick with a standard clutch, as you know its the box that is the weak link, Shop 4 parts had oe clutch kits and dmf at a good price the last time I looked.
Whilst the box is out it would be a good idea to change the end case bearings, not sure about the modified bearings, I thought it was the endcase that was different on later models with a drilled oil feed, there are 2 makes with different sized rollers but the overall dimensions are the same.
A good quality gear oil is also well worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts