Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend have an 2007 159 1.9 JTDm with some electrical problems. The rev counter, speedometer and temp gauge are all dead, and the warning light for ABS, VDC, hand brake and engine is on. Its been like that for a week now. Still possible to drive.

The error codes from engine, ABS and body computer is this:

Bosch EDC16C39 CF4/EOBD Diesel Injection (1.9, 2.4)
ISO Code: FD 86 3D 04 19
Errors found:
U1700 - Communication with Body Computer (NBC)
U0426 - Electronic key

ABS
TRW Lucas ABS (ESP)
ISO Code: 51 85 8A 02 37
Errors found:
U1700 - Body computer (NBC)
U1703 - No MSG from Body computer

Body
Body Computer Marelli (939)
ISO Code: 40 83 1F 04 3B
Errors found:
B1042 - Vehicle speed
U1601 - C-CAN line error

Anybody with any tips on what to do?
Have checked the connectors on body and engine ECU.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery was new 2 mounths ago.
The car starts fine, except the dead instruments and warning lights..

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Check the battery earth strap, it connects to the chasis under the battery, it's known to be a loose point

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked the earth strap and all connections to battery.
The alternator was replaced a year ago.
Checked, and seems like the battery got plenty of power.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm having recurrent electrical fault issues which seem to be false. I've replaced various parts as the errors have occurred and not fixed the error at the time. I've even got to the point of sending off the ecu for checking ( no fault found). I'm just about to check the earth strap on mine. I've also read a post about someone having random errors and it was the fuse box in car that was loose.

On reflection though it all started after I replaced the battery but not with a very good one. It was what I could afford at the time. Could it be that my budget battery is just too crap? The car starts fine with everyday use but if left then the battery goes flat fairly quickly.

Any thoughts? Did the OP replace with a heavy duty battery or a budget one like me?:depressed:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem solved.
One of the CAN cables under driver (left-hand drive) floor mat was broken. Repaired it and everything works.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The carpet have to be removed an every cable inspected. My friend was lucky and found the broken wire with only lifting the carpet along the sill at the driver side (LHD car).

·
Registered
115 Posts
The carpet have to be removed an every cable inspected. My friend was lucky and found the broken wire with only lifting the carpet along the sill at the driver side (LHD car).
Just one question. Was your friend's problem permanent ?

I'm basically getting the same errors (same error codes from MES as well) but randomly & intermittently rather than being permanent. It would give errors first thing in the morning then I pull over and restart the car then the car would run for an hour without any error.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just one question. Was your friend's problem permanent ?

I'm basically getting the same errors (same error codes from MES as well) but randomly & intermittently rather than being permanent. It would give errors first thing in the morning then I pull over and restart the car then the car would run for an hour without any error.
His problem was permanent.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts