Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the south can recommend a decent remapper that leave sthe car with no wierd problems. I have also heard that some remaps can effect the particulate burn off programme?
Any advice most welcome.
Also the remap must be undetectable at dealer - is this possible?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Just to add to above...... the remap I have from Alfatune is OK, the problems i had were with another companys map...... Gus at Alfatune resolved the problems i had.:)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Lots to choose from. An awful lot of sniping and cat-scratching in the remap/tuning box side of things :lol: (yes I know a box and a remap is different!)

I'll try and list them all in no particular order:-

Alfatune.
Angel.
AHM.
Celtic.
Mangoletsi.
Autodelta.
Reddot.
Steinbauer P-box.

You pays your money, you gets your choice.

Some people have great results with all of the above.

Some people are encouraged to say not nice things about some.

Very cut throat but interesting differences in results.

Yes, you are correct that some generic maps can hasten DPF clogging on some cars, whilst on others the same map works a treat.

Some maps are wiped off on an update when a car is serviced, whereas a box is a physical modification. Personal choice. I've had both in the past and got +/- for both ways of doing it.

Confused? Join the club :lol:

Personally I've had remaps and boxes on a number of cars (alfas and non-alfas) and both methods work well but need some thought as to your preference. :thumbs:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well if the Autodelta and Steinbauer P-Box are good enough for the main dealers to offer you then I'd probably go down that route. I don't know how it affects your warranty however. Can anyone here with these mods from a dealer let us know if they have an inpact on the warranty?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just a friendly reminder that if you do go for a re-map you should inform your insurer. Some people will say that it's impossible to detect but is it really worth taking a risk? You know how insurers will try and wriggle out of paying out if they can! At the end of the day it's your decision:rolleyes:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm getting some "work" done in the next few weeks....will let you know how it goes and initial thoughts, etc. Depending on where abouts you are in Herts., you are more than welcome to check it out in person...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Anyone in the south can recommend a decent remapper that leave sthe car with no wierd problems. I have also heard that some remaps can effect the particulate burn off programme?
Any advice most welcome.
I wonder if it's worth seeing about a group deal somewhere? Must be worth a shot as quite a few people seem to want stuff done.....

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Yes a few group things have already happened. :thumbs:

Reddot did one last year.
Mangoletsi had a whole weekend of it and 'test before you buy drives.'

·
Registered
589 Posts
Any advice most welcome.
Yes a few group things have already happened. :thumbs:

Reddot did one last year.
Mangoletsi had a whole weekend of it and 'test before you buy drives.'
What do think the chances are of this taking place again? Is it something we need to approach the dealers about or wait for them to come up with it!!!

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
I've had Gus @ alfatune do a dpf removal and remap on my 2.4 brera with fantastic results. Before the remap I had a good quality box but, believe me, there's no comparison...
I'm sure Gus will do a great job on a 1.9 159 - he drives a 159 himself. Give him a ring and just have a chat....can't hurt?...

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts