Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad week for me, my 156 fault free SW Veloce has been deemed a total loss by my insurance company.
The good news, Sunday I pick up my new 52 plate black SW Veloce.
Lets hope it is as trouble free as my last one.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Sad week for me, my 156 fault free SW Veloce has been deemed a total loss by my insurance company.
The good news, Sunday I pick up my new 52 plate black SW Veloce.
Lets hope it is as trouble free as my last one.
I feel for you, I had the same experience last November. Glad to see you've recovered.

Rob

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Front wing was hit, which knackerd suspension and steering, it is worth buying, but I don't have the time for all the hasstle,( wish I did, as I loved that car) and cause of the area I live, I can't really have a scrap car sitting .

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I know how you feel. I wrote off my Y reg 156 last summer (had an argument with a coach). It also had front wing and suspension damage and would have been repairable, but I could not cope with the hassle and the car also had a couple of issues that were developing (crunch into 3rd, variator getting noisy). The insurance company also made me a good offer which helped make the decision easy. I replaced it with a 156 JTS which I am really happy with.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drove home last night in my new stunning black 156 SW. So far I am a happy chappy again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts