Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I'm very p155ed off this morning. Left home in the high winds and rain, driving carefully along behind a Rover when a tree dropped into the road right in between me and the Rover. Swerved to avoid it but still hit the end. It's ripped a great gaping hole in my front bumper and destroyed the fog light :( I assume this is going to cost an arm an a leg to fix.

But looking on the bright side, could have been a ancient oak and then I'd have been in hospital! :)

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Sorry to hear this....but considering somebody was killed the other day by a falling day it could of been a LOT worse:( :( :(

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, I am trying to look on the birght side. Difficult when the old girls just clocked up 100000 this week and then gets smashed in the face like this.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Aww man that sucks.....

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Like others have said, sorry to hear about the accident, but at least it wasn't worse.

·
Administrator
46,120 Posts
You could try www.shop4parts.co.uk
But to be honest, you're probably better off looking for an Alfa breaker, and getting a second hand one. You might even be lucky and get a colour match, saving you the cost of spraying.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good decision merlin, I was only about 10 miles from hastings when this happened, where has been awful all day!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Kevin Slegg said:
Sorry to hear this....but considering somebody was killed the other day by a falling day it could of been a LOT worse:( :( :(

Jeez a falling day - must have been a bad one:D

H

·
0 Posts
Bad luck on the damage Andrew

Good luck no injury ;)

I refused to travel across the penines in that today don't care what my boss say's work ain't worth dying for :lol:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry to hear about your damage, lucky you are safe and sound as a falling tree is no joke to come accross! Hope you can sort something out that isn't too expensive! Take care,
Alan

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks Guys. I think I've found a second hand bumper in the right colour so will be looking to do this myself. Anyone know of a faq or instructions anywhere on how to replace the front bumper?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With the weather a little better today I've had a chance to check the damage a bit better. It looks like I need the front bumper, centre grille AND a new Air intake and air filter box! :mad:

So far I've ordered the grille from shop4parts and decided to go for a CDA induction kit so called Angel Tuning. Gave me a good price (better than anywhere else I could find on-line including ebay!).

I spoke to Nigel at Angel Tuning and it turns out he used to live near where I do, next village over. He even went to school where my kids go (Homewood School in Tenterden!). What a small world! :)

Now just got to find a front bumper in proteo red for a bargain price!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts