Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! my alfa is now doing my head in... When cold starts and runs fine. Drive around, start and stop a couple of times and then it decides to not restart. Imobilizes, code light stays on, engine symble light just flashes fast on dash and clicking from engine bay. Clicking found to be the throttle butterfly being activated and moving only a few mm a couple times every second giving the clicking noise. Leave the car for about 45mins and car always restarts with no warnings and is fine again but will stop and follow the same process after a few restarts.
This cant be an earth problem, in fact if I put an additional earth from the battery to the trottle boddy the clicking noise gets faster! how mad is that. Would be grateful for any thoughts.
Car has been in to an auto electrical engineer twice, no faults logged or found but fault still there.

·
Registered
29,994 Posts
Leaning towards a failing crank sensor... did your engineer check it when it was failing to start?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Throttle position sensor or peddle sensor would be my guess, if the coil in the sensor is breaking down it will possibly be worse when it gets hot therefor stopping the throttle from opening properly, any good auto electrician should be able to do resistance check on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts