Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone can point me in the right direction but i fear the worst.

Jumped into the car this morning, went to start the engine, as it was starting heard a thud and then engine died, tried to start again and it is just whining like the engine isn't trying to start.

First thought was starter motor but have tried starting it in gear and it lurches, next thing i think is cambelt.

Was assured this was changed in July when i bought the car, looks like i will be calling the AA first thing monday.

Anyone have any thoughts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warranty is a non no im afraid, will have to wait till monday till i can get the cover off as stuck on nights, fingers crossed it's not coz if it is then it will be getting scrapped.
Shame as the car is mint.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Warranty is a non no im afraid, will have to wait till monday till i can get the cover off as stuck on nights, fingers crossed it's not coz if it is then it will be getting scrapped.
Shame as the car is mint.
Thanks for your help.
where abouts are you ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Haslingden Rossendale Valley matey.

Car is currently on the carpark of my local pub.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No probs matey, will have to get AA to drag it home and hopefully diagnose fault. Really ****ed as finally sorted the blown bulb fault.
Oh well looks like the end of my Alfa dreams.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
No probs matey, will have to get AA to drag it home and hopefully diagnose fault. Really ****ed as finally sorted the blown bulb fault.
Oh well looks like the end of my Alfa dreams.
before you get AA out ring gus at alfatune......if your car is mint ..it maybe worth getting it fixed and if need be ..can be dropped off at gus or a inde cl;ose to you

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
My unit is only in Waterfoot, so if you want me to have a look at it, give me a shout on 07976 384980.

Richard

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I can vouch for rgwm. Top man for parts and advice :thumbs:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well car has been recovered, cambelt is fine but AA have said that there is a problem with the front cam. When you try to start it there is a loud knocking, he suspects it may have dropped a valve.

Ebay here it comes, a big thanks to everyone that has helped me with my short lived Alfa experience.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anybody want to make me an offer, bodywork is in pretty damn good condition, black leather is very very good apart from slight wear on drivers seat, 10 disc cd changer.

Overall a lovely car just not for me anymore, if no one wants it then it's off to Ebay tomorrow.

·
Registered
180 Posts
thats a shame,there are plenty of replacement engines knocking about local to you,not as much as you might think to swap the whole unit.anyway good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts