Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 156 has had HIDs headlight system fitted these have failed twice and I am considering options....go back to original light spec??? Or continue with HIDs?? Why do they keep failing?? If I go back to original spec what must I do?? Problem is compounded cos the car is in thailand...alll help gratefully welcomed

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
OEM HIDs or a H7 HID conversion in the original Halogen units?

Can't see why being in Thailand would be a problem, you are far closer to the source of HID kits than we are!!

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
My 2002 156 has had HIDs headlight system fitted these have failed twice and I am considering options....go back to original light spec??? Or continue with HIDs?? Why do they keep failing?? If I go back to original spec what must I do?? Problem is compounded cos the car is in thailand...alll help gratefully welcomed
i would assume a poor electrical connection be problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not fit the lights myself so I do not know what or how lights were fitted. Can someone advise me on how to refit original system?? Is this something I should consider as the HIDs system in thailand is costing 400 pounds !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im sorry I am in UK and car is in Thailand, parts are so expensive there I wanted to try and sort it out whilst I was here but I can t remember which light sorry. Do 156 original lights do the job ok or not? I wonder why HIDs were fitted?? Should I buy original lights from breaker and take them with me??

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
You still need to workout if you have factory-fit HIDs or aftermarket.
The headlights and the connections on the car are different.

F

·
0 Posts
... note the lights on the 156 and the 156 facelift are different in standard H7 (low) H1 (high) beam spec. If your car id the Turismo version it won't have HIDs as factory fit. A dead giveaway is whether there is the manual headlight levelling roller control near your dash illumination button and mileometer reset buttons. If there is a manual control there, they WON'T be factory-fit HIDs as they should have an auto-levelling system installed. There should also be headlamp washer jets fitted to a car with HIDs - it's the law.

Hope that helps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts