Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the process of fitting new lower and upper front suspension arms using powerflex bushes, the problem is that the pins on the lower arms are larger in diameter than the i/d of the replacement bushes, normally I would just nip them down to a local engineer but I've recently moved and there are no local engineers that I know of. Basically I need to find someone who can ream or hone the bushes to fit the pins. Before you point out that powerflex supply alternative bush i/ds, it is those that I have obtained, and they are still the incorrect size. I don't mind having the complete job done including fitting to the car, but I don't want to have to travel to far, job would have to be done on a saturday due to being required to look after my elderly mother every other weekend. I live in Ealing and she lives in Worcester so near either location would be ok. Of course I can send parts by post to wherever. Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, just lost my internet connection, earliest I can make it wpould be Saturday May 9th. Should give me time to get all the parts together from the mess that is my garage. Do I need to get a couple of the long bolts that hold the top arms in place? How about the bushes on the rear arb are they replaceable, they are the only ones I don't have, as I am thinking of the eibach kit. Pardon my ignorance but what is PM?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I know they are an interference fit, powerflex supply bushes with centre I/D to fit oe 19mm and alternative 20mm pin O/Ds the pin on the replacement is over 20mm, the other pin is oe at 20mm O/D or copy part 21.3, pin on replacement is 21.5. So there is no way I'm going to get them on with a hammer, unless I attach it to the arm on a JCB impactor road breaker. Thats why I posted the query and why I know I need them adapted to the correct (interference) fit.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so here are the actual measurements:
Pins: front 20.87mm rear 20.78mm
Bushes: front 18.92, 19.88 rear19.96.
an interference fit would require front bush to be 20.83-4 and rear to be 20.75.
So to go back to my original question, anyone know a small precision machine shop in the Ealing or worcester area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts