Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, does anyone know where i'd be able to get a wiring diagram for my 2000W 156, got a new engine fitted but the heating in the car no longer works.arnold clark have told me its a plug in the back of the dash so just wanna double check i'm goin the right way about it, thanks Graeme

R

·
0 Posts
Try eBay for a workshop manual, word of warning though. I bought one and it's pretty pants so try to do a bit of research before buying (ask the seller about it). The one I have is like a workshop interactive thing and its called DTE I think, so don't get that one.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Is there a choice? The DTE one is the official Alfa one - I didn't know there were any others...

And yes, it is a bit pants.

R

·
0 Posts
Is there not some sort of actual manual like there is for the spider? I just assumed I got a bum deal. The DTE one is $%£t and doesn't seem to give any good info.

For the spider I have a workshop manual in PDF format, and it's big, around 700 or so pages I think (could be more). It's excellent, similar to a haynes manual but a bit less user friendly, all the info is there though.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Chris said:
Is there a choice? The DTE one is the official Alfa one - I didn't know there were any others...

And yes, it is a bit pants.

The latest version is called "eLearn". It covers the later models as well (including GTA). When you get into it, it's DTE with a new web-based front end.

DTE/eLearn isn't too bad when you get used to it, but I agree it does have missing bits and the transalation can be odd.

EB Spares now sell a paper-based one for the 156 now, but I it is £48 for each part and there are 4 parts! (They do discount if you buy two or more parts together!)

R

·
0 Posts
gazza82 said:
EB Spares now sell a paper-based one for the 156 now, but I it is £48 for each part and there are 4 parts! (They do discount if you buy two or more parts together!)

That's the one I'm after, but on cd in pdf files. Thats the type I have for the spider. I was kinda hoping someone had put it on a cd by now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Whoever EB got to produce the manuals must have an electronic version (unless they are still in the dark-ages). Maybe if enough people ask, they could get PDF versions on CD. But the source may be reluctant as we all know how easy it is to make illegal copies. :tut: It would be about 5 minutes before someone had them on ebay! :rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
That's true I suppose, but a cd is far more practical and cheaper than 4 workshop manuals.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Try EB spares. They are advertising "proper manuals" not cheap but could be what you want.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
gazza82 said:
Whoever EB got to produce the manuals must have an electronic version (unless they are still in the dark-ages). Maybe if enough people ask, they could get PDF versions on CD. But the source may be reluctant as we all know how easy it is to make illegal copies. :tut: It would be about 5 minutes before someone had them on ebay! :rolleyes:
I`ve got some PDF 'manuals' which seem to detail some engine mechanical work. Trouble is they are in french and italian :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts