Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced a pair of worn, juddery bosch wiper blades this week with a pair of valeo xtrm flat wiper blades. They looked slightly odd with no visible metal "super structure" but they seem to be performing perfectly so far.

My wipers have always suffered from judder, even with a totaly clean screen and new blades they seem to judder on the return stroke. If you have similar issues I can recommend these. Can't comment on the life of them yet (they have a built in wear indicator) but they were cheaper than a bosch pair and I got them online with free P&P.

Andy

ps and no, I don't have shares in them :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Fitted these and posted a while ago.

Still going strong so defo recommend them.

The key to no judderring is to de grease your windscreen often.

I use non automotive based window cleaners AFTER cleaning it with an automotive one. Makes sense?

This gives better finish. Also, avoid Rain X as it seems to lessen life of blades.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never used rain x but always tried to keep the screen clean. Usually use autoglym glass polish and/or windolene. With the 156 it never really helped much. When I got the last set of std blades they were bosch ones, while they seemed ok the first time it rained they soon started juddering even on a freshly cleaned screen.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I use them on our 156's so time back.

Bought them from wiperblades .They are excellent but still lift at high speeds (90+mph, more so if it's windy).

Holts Screenees foam spray is the way to go when cleaning the screen :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a problem with juddery wipers on my 147. Dealer changed the blades - but it didn't help. Turned out to be a problem with the wiper motor. They relaced it under warranty. That sorted out the problem 100% - except they cracked the windscreen in the process. After a little arguing they eventually conceded and replaced that too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A common cause of juddery wipers can be the wax they use in brush carwashes, the stuff they spray on after the brush wash is finished.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, the point I'm making is that quality bosch wipers, super clean glass and I still had the issue. Cheaper but different design wipers and no problem!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks useful tip - had not actually thought about different types of blades but mine have worn and will need replacing soon so I will have a look around.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well after a week with frost, snow, sleet, rain, drizzle and bright sunshine all combining with the horrible salty muck the grit the roads with I'd usually have a smeary white screen and juddering wipers. But with these new valeo xtrm my screen is crystal clear and not even a juddering blade in sight!

I really would recommend these when you need to replace or if you are sick of juddering blades. Try here for free p&p http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Valeo_XTRM__Wiper_Blades.html

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
My Valeo flat upgraded have worn out already (or rather, the yellow exclamation mark has appeared :( So, I've ordered a set of the Bosch ones. They look neater where they fit to the arms too :cool:

P

·
0 Posts
Good point - wondered about cutting away parts of the spoiler to allow teh water to pray through?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts