Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chatting to Alfashop yesterday about a washer pump for the 147 we got talking, as you do, about all things Alfa parts. They said to me that 156 windscreen washers had recently become obsolete. I thought this was slightly worrying, because whilst a 147/GT will happily accept MiTo washer jets (and possibly Fiat Ducato ones too), a 156 won't as the scuttle panel opening is smaller. And the 147 ones are not adjustable like the 156 ones are.

Brexit-type supply issues aside, a quick search of the usual places seems to concur. All out of stock bar Autolusso and Alfisti Ricambi, the latter will no longer post to the UK without a minimum order of about 140 euros last time I spoke to them. Is anyone aware of any pattern replacements or alternatives as, although quite benign, this has the potential to be one of those stupid problems that requires quite a bit of modding to fix. I suppose you could implement a GTV-style approach with washers and piping fixed to the wiper arms. I know 156 washers are a bit crap but I'd rather have crap than none at all :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, so it's likely that the 'genuine 156' unit is the one that's obsolete but there are indeed substitutes... Cool, ta muchly :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.