Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife had to attend a driving course yesterday, or get three points on her licence and a fine. The participants were asked to briefly introduce themselves and, amongst other things, state what car they drive. Since she owns one she mentioned offhandedly ( as you do ! ) that she owns an Aston Martin DB9 Volante. "No, no ! surely you own an Alfa Romeo 156 GTA ! " the course organiser interupted her ( he clearly knew from his paperwork what car she had been nicked in ). After his interuption not only he but also many members of the course wanted to talk to her about it and when I later turned up in the Aston to collect her they were all very disappointed that I hadn't come in the GTA !!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
It riles me that in Scotland we have no option but to take the points, no courses are available and we are sturated now with mobile speed camera's.

·
Super Moderator
44,780 Posts
We know how tight you Scots are, we just assumed you'd prefer to take the points ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As someone who values his clean licence very much, I am sorry to hear that you Scots don't have the option of going on a driving course rather than take the points. However, as a Sassenach who pays a huge amount of moolah in taxes that heavily subsidise the Scots, it is reassuring that we English do have some benefits yet to arrive North of the Border !

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
As someone who values his clean licence very much, I am sorry to hear that you Scots don't have the option of going on a driving course rather than take the points. However, as a Sassenach who pays a huge amount of moolah in taxes that heavily subsidise the Scots, it is reassuring that we English do have some benefits yet to arrive North of the Border !
No I live in a City, I pay huge taxes to subsidise rural Britain just like you do.

I am not a Scottish Nationalist, but if you want to club together to tax a nation you have to subsideise remote rural areas, these just happen to be in Scotland.

Yeah and OK - we'll pay for your Olympics.

D

·
0 Posts
Nice a DB9 and a GTA good choice:D Never would have thought people would think of the GTA more than an Aston.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ahemm England does not subsidise Scotland, England benefits from 40 billion a year in taxes from Scottish oil, scottish hydro electric and being able to dump your nuclear waste at Dounreay, not to mention being guinea pigs for the poll tax, first in line during wars etc etc you get the drift

1 - 12 of 12 Posts