Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I did put this thread elsewhere,I hope I have found the right place for it now.The air bag warning light was on,so being very technically minded I waggled the leads under the drivers seat to see if there was a loose connection and Kaput!! Nothing works at all now,it is all completely dead.I am hoping someone out there can throw me a lifeline,thanks.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
yellow connector under the seat should just be a bums on seats sensor and nothing particularly spectacular. you've got bigger gremlins!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for your help.The battery is charged,but the car is completely dead.If my waggling the
wires made it think there had been a crash,would that automatically shut everything down?
The car was charged up at the time and after 'moving'the wires I turned the car on only to hear a a low zzzz sound (a bit like a wasp) end then all went dead and has never recovered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Davealfall,Thanks for your efforts,I will try all the earth connections.As far as the interior lights are concerned,no they do not work.
I think I am going to have to get it towed to a garage somehow,although I am not sure that a diagnostic check would work whilst in its electrically dead state.

L

·
0 Posts
look at the battery, check the 2 connections mkae sure they are tight. throw a volt meter across the terminals to see the voltage.

My guess is that the earth onto the body is broken. wiggling wires was just concidence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts