Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after being diagnosed with a throttle signal failure i desperatly need to fix it.lol

ive got what seems to be the usual sympton of hitting a pot hole injector light has come on and very laggy etc etc which i have searched and read bout.

can someone point me on the direction of what components make up the throttle assembly, i.e throttle body which i know where that is, throttle sensor(behind pedal somewhere but am yet to locate ?????)

i also wanna do the throttle reset but what does the term mean 'turn key to MAR' mean please.

thanks people

·
Registered
223 Posts
There was a post in the last day or so talking about where to find the throttle position sensor, pedal position sensor etc and suggested using contact cleaner and unplugging and replugging the various connectors in those circuits - have a quick search.

As for the "MAR" position - have a look at the markings around your ignition lock barrel, where the key goes in. You'll see markings like "I", "II", "MAR" and "IGN" (I think) - hence for "turn to MAR", insert the key and turn it around to the "MAR" marking :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
First position on ignition is MAR (assuming you don't count off!). This is when dash warning lights are on, etc. 2nd position is to start the engine. 156s don't have an accessory setting which is why the radios are setup to auto-switch off after 20 mins if the ignition is on, but the engine not running. Avoids draining the battery.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have this probem as well and have been told by my mechanic
(Fiat/alfa for 20 years) that a common fault on these is a connetor that can be found under the dashboard in the passenger footwell.

Apparently this is a common failure point as the connector ages, and he recommended soldering the wires together or replacing the connector.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
I have this probem as well and have been told by my mechanic
(Fiat/alfa for 20 years) that a common fault on these is a connetor that can be found under the dashboard in the passenger footwell.

Apparently this is a common failure point as the connector ages, and he recommended soldering the wires together or replacing the connector.
That is very true, the loom from the pedal goes to the most pointless plug ever, this has the ropiest connectors it it and they do wear drastically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts