Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
If the car is going to be used in the real world I would go to stock. I have two 156`s a CF2 TS and a`98 CF2 V6, the TS having the standard Lusso spec suspension, the V6 Veloce suspension, the TS riding much much better and despite the difference in ride height and spring/shock rates at aggressive road speeds there is no difference in cornering speeds. There is though a difference at track days going at speeds much much higher than you would go on the roads (I am an aggressive driver outside of the city having lost my licence three times instantly for "excessive speed", so am no grandma driver.
The cars were pretty good right from the factory, I`m slowed by most newer cars through the wiggly bits on the open road in either of my 156`s but we are talking about real world roads, not perfect with the odd bump right at the wrong place in a corner etc. I know here in NZ our roads vary a lot more in both surface and conditions but even so if your vehicle is to be used outside of major urban areas and motorways don`t compromise a very competent car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In NZ most SW`s either TS or V6 weren`t fitted with the self levelling and were usually in Veloce spec sold as "Sportswagon" The Lusso pack was sold as 4cyl or 6 cyl. and I have seen (as a previous Euro garage owner - Italtune, here in Christchurch) a Lusso V6 manual Sportwagon. There was recently a Lusso specced V6 berlina for sale on our Trademe (equivalent to your Ebay). We obviously got some different specifications to UK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts