Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a 2.5 V6 a few years ago,and want another 156.

One of the things that I found so appealing about the V6 was the noise!

If I was a to buy a TS would I soon be wanting the V6 sound do you think guys?

Anyone in the Surrey area with a TS that I could cadge a ride in?:)

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
85 Posts
A quick fix to get the right note Steve, fit an after market induction kit.I've one on my 2.0TS. sounds grrrrreat! I have to admit though, it does tend to make you try and red line it more...just for the noise ha ha!

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
The TS sounds great as it is, although it is no where near as nice as the V6. The induction kit IMO makes it sound a bit like any other 4 pot car with an induction kit and not very Alfa. Thats what I found anyway. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
depends on your own particular likes though, a v6 is awesome but it aint for me as i like the mashing pedal of a 4 pot kinda exctiment (sorry terrible grammar there)

horses for courses mate! ;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Depends how much dough you've got but you could try a 2 litre JTS. A good compromise between a twinny & a V6 :D

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
The V6 is obviously leagues faster, but the 2.0L T-spark is the better handler with a very nice balance, assuming the sports kit.

Personally I would still go for the v6 since one doesn't really reach the limits of the cars handling on public roads anyway, and you can enjoy the v6 howl a lot more of the time.

D

·
0 Posts
i was just out pushing my 1.8ts though the revs, great fun! and nice sound too.... ;)

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
I have not driven a Q system car but I have owned 2 V6 156's and I can imagine that the engines torque curve is not ideal for an automatic especially as it is only 4 speed.

As for the V6 handling, if you upgrade the shocks and springs the handling will be better than a standard TS.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It has uprated shocks and standard springs,and seems to handle very well,compared to the standard V6 I used to own a few years back.

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
I know exactly what it is like to be out performed by a "lesser" vehicle. I got blown away by a crappy looking mk2 golf a while back in my QV... :(

Though I consoled myslf that my car looked better and that the weight of my car was the problem..

My next car will have at least 200bhp me thinks..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts