Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that I have a "spare" V6 engine from a 156, how insanely stupid would it be to install it to my "spare" 33 ... in the back seat.... ? ... and for track use only.....

Just toying with an idea here :lol:

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Got a spare 2.5ltr V6 engine from a 156 as well !
Not much structure at the back of the car though mate, only sill structure from there on and a thin beam from one side to the other behind the rear seats.

Might be better if you tried put in it in the front ;)

I'm thiking of making a Go Kart with mine :lol:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I would not have known where to start, didnt have a place to work on it, it would have had to be done by some one else. I would love to try lol :) but not got the skills, I settled for fast road cams and ported heads in the end :)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi Pasi
It is not "Insanely Stupid" and I'm sure that it would fit in a 33 in the same manner that I fitted a 3 litre 24v into the back of my Sprint. However I did use the subframe and support structure from my donor 164. The 6C build up thread on here will, I'm sure, give you lots of tips and I am happy to PM you for any other info.:)

P

·
0 Posts
Did anyone see the cinqueciento on ebay with a 164 v6 in the back? That was insane! Your idea I think, is a splendid one and I look forward to your build pics:thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
andy burton still has the sprint sitting around his farm i think...

originally he had a dino engine in it..

have had similar thoughts on a mad project which may come off next year................

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a 33 available so that would be the starting point. and yes, my idea came from that sprint 6C project :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts