Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi dear alfisti! I'm abusing quite a bit from your answers on this forum, but you all seem so nice... :D so here it goes!

I'm considering doing the v6 mod on my lovely 1.8 T.Spark 156. I know the intake pipe in question from the gta has a bigger diameter than the one used for jtd and 2.5 v6 versions.
The question is, would I notice any performance difference between these two that is worth the extra euros?

Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi mate, I did this and acceleration seems slightly improved and responsive, but can't promise that it is not just placebo effect!!
Good fun and easy mod with little or no swearing at all!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi mate, I got mine from the dealer and think I paid over the odds at £21
I believe that they are normally about £11
As it was, I was there and couldn't be bothered arguing over a tenner!
Good cheap mod! And you can sell your old box on Fleabay to recoup even more!
;)

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reselling the ressonator is an awesome idea! :D

I guess I'll be ordering the fixing kit too. Been reading and it might be helpfull providing a good fix of the pipe.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Hi mate, I got mine from the dealer and think I paid over the odds at £21
I believe that they are normally about £11
As it was, I was there and couldn't be bothered arguing over a tenner!
Good cheap mod! And you can sell your old box on Fleabay to recoup even more!
;)
Nice one mate, I'll give them a call tomorrow and get one ordered. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Nice one mate, I'll give them a call tomorrow and get one ordered. :thumbup:
Right, just called the dealer (Sturgess Leicester).
I explained to them what I was doing but couldn't come up with the part! The part number I have is 55187325. They couldn't find it on their system! Does anyone know the correct part number because they're saying without it (or a vehicle reg) they can get the part...:mad:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
60677409 for the gta intake

the one you listed is the 2.5 v6 or jtd intake pipe
Nice one mate, will try that one.

Still, confused why they couldn't find it on their system at all!

Update: just called them, they want £29.80 plus VAT! Guess I'll ring round a few other dealers because that's double what other people have said. Can't find one on eBay either...

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
Remember that back then it was a current part, now though it is a non-consumable part for a car that went out of production 7-years ago...

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
yep, guess you british people got all you could get :D
I got mine (the 2.5v6/JTD part) in 2003. The dealer had it on the shelf too. Current part for a current car. But that was 10-years ago.

As for the 2-day lead time, that could easily be the shipping time from Italy (assuming there is really stock there!).
I can't see Alfa UK keeping any stock on the shelf now.

S

·
0 Posts
I stick a GTApipe on my 2.0 years back. It clips in and as I was too tight to buy the screws etc. I just gaffer taped it on to the airbox. Stayed put for the rest of the two years I kept the car. No problems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts