Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have phase I GTV 2.0 V6 TB. I would like to install 6-speed gearbox from 156 V6 in it. I know that should get speedometer sensor from original 5-speed gearbox. Gearshift cables are same to 156 V6 and GTV TB, but is there other difference in gearshift system?

Is there anyone who has done this kind of update?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, i would not make this gearbox swap.
The Alfa 156 V6 gearboxes (C530) are not so strong as that one from the phase 1 GTV V6 TBs (C503).

This C503 boxes are the strongest for the Arese Alfa V6s.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
hello,

i have phase i gtv 2.0 v6 tb. I would like to install 6-speed gearbox from 156 v6 in it. I know that should get speedometer sensor from original 5-speed gearbox. Gearshift cables are same to 156 v6 and gtv tb, but is there other difference in gearshift system?

Is there anyone who has done this kind of update?
2.0 v6?!

·
Registered
562 Posts
The 200bhp 2.0V6 Turbo was an Option for the 166 if i recall correctly. AFAIK it's got 2Valve Heads.

If you do Swap to the 6Speed - i'd recommend installing a Quaife or Q2 differential too. This helps in durability and Powerdelivery, and look for a good one (Synchronisation from 2->3 is a bit of a problem on trashed cars). You might ask Peter form Squadra Tuning about the Gearbox.... he's got a Turbo V6 GTV i believe and it's not quite stock anymore...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts