Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 156 2.5 V6 and the EOBD light stays on and occasionally flashes while driving. I took the car to an Alfa dealership and they put diagnostic equipment on the car and came back with a 'generic misfire' on cylinders 1,2 &3. The mechanic said it was probably plugs (the car has done 41,000 miles). I had the plugs changed and swopped the coil packs from cylinders 4,5 & 6 to 1,2 & 3.
The problem did not go away, I had the diagnostic done again and came back with the same result, 'generic misfire' on cylinders 1,2 &3.
I was told that the problem is then either fuel injectors, a wiring problem or there was a fault with the ECU. I don't think its injectors as the car still goes well, and no misfire under load. Has anyone come across this problem? or can anyone shed any light? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, I haven't had a compression test done but this light does not seem to effect the performance.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the 'maf'?
As regards to the cambelt, this has not been changed, but is on the todo list, (ouch!)

·
Registered
52 Posts
MAF is Mass Air Flow sensor. But I don't think it's a problem. I asked about the cambelt because I'm experiencing same problems (misfires of left bank) and it's likely because of cams not timed properly. It looks like the left bank burns differently than the right one. You should also check lamba sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts