Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My v6 is cutting out occasionally, and i'm getting a poor idle sometimes.
Can some one pinpoint the prob please......
Is it M.A.F, Lambda sensor or the blowing exhaust i got from the middle silencer box??? got new cybox cat back system coming this week as back box is corroded too.
I also think fuel consumption is being affected slightly...

If someone can help i'd appreciate it as don't want to just throw new parts at it

cheers

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi, it could be any number of things, but favourites are the lambda, the maf or maybe cleaning the throttle body. After that, air leaks?
If performance is otherwise ok I would guess the MAF is probably ok. I had a problem like this - the cutting out tended to be when slowing to a halt and declutching - rev control was not good and it would occassionally dip so far it stalled. I ended up replacing the lambda sensor to fix it, after diagnosing that the lambda was faulty using AlfaDiag.

Have a look at this thread, it's quite long but if you can stay with t there are lots of suggestions!
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/108136-156-v6-temp-and-idle-problem.html

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for that. will take a good look at link this evening and see what i can find out. maybe i need a diagnostic check first?

cheers

·
Registered
223 Posts
It wouldn't hurt, but unless you have access to alfa diag (or unidiag - see recent thread on the forum, this can be downloaded free I think) then you'll be paying someone £50+ for the privilege. You'll be able to do a certain amount yourself if you're willing to try - but read the thread and see what you think!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts