Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can use a 2.0 twinspark crank sensor in my v6 as I have one and need to check if the sensor is the fault in my v6 ?
Anyone ever tried?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi , well
2 days ago the car started first turn of the key. Now it will start but it needs cranking for at least 10-25 seconds then struggles to fire. It runs fine and all the alarm and fuction are fine no key code light or eml light.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
If you not sorted it by next week i will pop you one in the post. cant do it now as the ones i have are with the all the car parts 60 miles away and im going there next week to fit my new cams.
or if you find the problem i'll send what ever you need fella , will save me chucking it away later :biglaugh:

As an added note does anyone know if the v6 crank sensor is a Hall's type

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi mate . Cheers it would be handy to have a spare any way.
I,m not sure whats going on it drives really well once it starts.
Anyway hope all is good with you. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not even sure that the sensor is at fault but most of the posts would suggest that this is syptomatic of a crank sensor fault. Any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Doesn't sound like crank sensor fault to me - crank sensor typically starts to fail when warm, causing the engine to cut out and refuse to restart for 15-20 minutes until it cools, gradually getting to the point where it doesn't start when cold.

I've seen your other post regarding the relays......your problem could be low fuel pressure, but relays either work or they don't - unlikely to affect fuel pressure per se.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks RGWM.
I have to admit I thought it would be more noticeable as a problem ,not just not work.
I will have a look at the fuel pressure, but again when it runs it quick and smooth ???
I did also wonder if it could be anything to do with the injector relay so I'll swap that tomorrow and see if it makes any difference. could be it has a bad connection.
Tried to connect the car to the multiscan but just tells me I need a registered version for this model ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts