Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team,

In a few weeks myself and my good chum Hammy156 are going to attempt to replace the CLUTCH master cylinder on my 1998 156 2.5 V6 6 Speed Manual.

Has anyone done this job before and could give us some handy pointers?

Hammy sort of knows what needs to be done, but I haven't got a foggiest, :lol:

I'm ordering one for £62 delivered from Shop4Parts (Quite chuffed with that price really!) and it would cost me a further £60 to get it fitted, but as this might not sort the problem anyway I'd rather A) Keep funds to a bare minimum and B) Get a little experience under my belt as far as Alfa jobs go.

If it's such a tough and difficult job which has the risk of me breaking alot of stuff then I'll get it done properly by Alfanet for £60, but if it's something that's achievable within a few hours with two blokes working on it then I'd rather do that.

So, can anyone help us out? Diagrams and essays would be appreciated team, :D

Cheers!
Darren

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
eLearn ???? :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Is it on there is it?! :eek:

I forgot to check, :lol:
Everything is on there ... at least it's a starting point, usually there are some other tricks of the trade that the guys on here know that make things easier though ...

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
If it is anything like the one I changed on a Rover 800 it will be worth paying the £60 to get the garage to fix it.

It was a nightmare, and my back ached for a week from lying upside down in the drivers footwell.

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
eLearn. I'd post up the diagrams but I'm on my girlfriends laptop. Its on there.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
eLearn. I'd post up the diagrams but I'm on my girlfriends laptop. Its on there.
I sent Darren an eLearn CD so he already has it ...

(I thought it would be a valuable service to AO to stop darren from asking so many questions ;))

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm eLearn..:confused:

do they do a version for mac? or is there a hard copy available?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
hmm eLearn..:confused:

do they do a version for mac? or is there a hard copy available?

It is kind of a browser interface (with hyperlinks etc) so I don't think that it would really work as a hard copy ... don't you have a copy of "virtual pc" ... or what ever it's called ...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there is boot camp but i need to install windows on my mac, which would be RUBBISH :p ah well ill have to keep taking things apart and panicking haha, they need to make a damned haynes manual for these cars! - if they already do ive missed it.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
there is boot camp but i need to install windows on my mac, which would be RUBBISH :p ah well ill have to keep taking things apart and panicking haha, they need to make a damned haynes manual for these cars! - if they already do ive missed it.
Haynes have said "there isn't a market for it" ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Shame we can't find a website to host it on ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
there isnt a market? are they blind? i think everyone on this forum would benefit from one.

hmm...
but most of us have got PC's & eLearn :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts