Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
when i joined my present company i decided to opt out of the company car scheme so i could purchase my own 156 JTS lusso (new shape)
it has been in the shop 6 times due to sensor trouble but i still love it and if thats all the trouble i have i will be very happy

how my colleagues laughed every time this sensor told me to go to dealer. It was becoming embarassing

one colleague took reciept of his company car (seat leon cupra TDi) today and oh how the tables were turned

1. it arrived with 200+ miles on the clock (driven from dealer)

2. it was covered in scratches (little zigzag ones. As if they used a buffing wheel with an exposed metal center post) you can feel these under the nail so i would imagine they wont Tcut

3. The trim where the door meets the glass (interior) Three doors were leather as requested...one was plastic!!!!

4. The red body paint is a different shade than the bumpers

5.rear double seat is loose and freely moves

6. no key code provided with cd/radio

i told him he should have bought a 156 hehe

·
Registered
230 Posts
you'd be amazed at the people who want to have a laugh at you because you've got an Alfa - they don't seem to realise it's not the 70s any more (unless they drive Rovers :D )

My lot thought it was hilarious I had to pay £600 for suspension/sensors/service etc, but when I pointed out that equated to one and a half months of one blokes payments for his Toyota Avensis they shut up. They have a laugh then drive home in a VW/Nissan - I mean come on! If someone enjoys driving in the knowledge that they have made a safe, practical, unemotional purchase and are willing to pay good money for it, then I begin to wonder. When was the last time you spent thousands of pounds on something and all you could say was it was reliable?

<rant over>

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
mallo said:
If someone enjoys driving in the knowledge that they have made a safe, practical, unemotional purchase and are willing to pay good money for it, then I begin to wonder. When was the last time you spent thousands of pounds on something and all you could say was it was reliable?
I think the key is that they DON'T "enjoy driving".
To them, a car is an appliance. It works and that's it. You or I don't get excited about our freezer, they don't get excited about a car. I read with interest ;) on another popular motoring forum about a Honda recall. One chap was so delighted with the way that his dealer handled this recall, that he would definitely be buying another Honda next time....
:rolleyes:
Now I view it the other way. Alfa dealers are fairly grim on the whole, but I only hope to see them once a year, so I can live with it. In the meantime the car gives me so much pleasure that the odd niggle and rattle is neither here nor there.
:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have the same thing with my Alfa, people always think it's so hilarious that I bought an Alfa, they always ask me if I bought my toolbox with me, just incase I had problems on my way there.

So myself and this [edited] with his 320i had a little challenge, this challenge known as a mountain pass. Well, in a straight line, he did pull me on the straights, but in the corners, all you see is BMW Brake Lights, I pulled a fair gap in the bends, but then he caught me again. So anyways, when we arrived back, (this is the same guy that always asks me about the toolbox), I asked him, if perhaps, he had a toolbox in his boot, because something seemed to be slowing him down...

You know what, I get !!!!ed off with people like that, cause they quick to say it's gonna breakdown, but, they have never driven one. I don't like BMW's, but I never give them stick about it. I can assure you one thing, no owner get's out of his BMW, with a grin as broad as the owner that climbs out of his Alfa.

·
Administrator
47,167 Posts
mallo said:
If someone enjoys driving in the knowledge that they have made a safe, practical, unemotional purchase and are willing to pay good money for it, then I begin to wonder.
Now then. I don't think you're being fair there. They also get to have orgasms over their high quality dashboard plastic :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Brad said:
I have the same thing with my Alfa, people always think it's so hilarious that I bought an Alfa, they always ask me if I bought my toolbox with me, just incase I had problems on my way there.

So myself and this [edited] with his 320i had a little challenge, this challenge known as a mountain pass. Well, in a straight line, he did pull me on the straights, but in the corners, all you see is BMW Brake Lights, I pulled a fair gap in the bends, but then he caught me again. So anyways, when we arrived back, (this is the same guy that always asks me about the toolbox), I asked him, if perhaps, he had a toolbox in his boot, because something seemed to be slowing him down...

You know what, I get !!!!ed off with people like that, cause they quick to say it's gonna breakdown, but, they have never driven one. I don't like BMW's, but I never give them stick about it. I can assure you one thing, no owner get's out of his BMW, with a grin as broad as the owner that climbs out of his Alfa.

Good call, Brad - someone who's actually proved the point the rest of us have been gibbering on about for the last aeon...

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
In a previous company,we had 3 156s and a 166 in the fleet.(Probably because a lot of us were actually car enthusiasts).Used to look really cool lined up in the car park. :)

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
RicksAlfas said:
I think the key is that they DON'T "enjoy driving".
To them, a car is an appliance. It works and that's it. You or I don't get excited about our freezer, they don't get excited about a car. I read with interest ;) on another popular motoring forum about a Honda recall. One chap was so delighted with the way that his dealer handled this recall, that he would definitely be buying another Honda next time....
:rolleyes:
Now I view it the other way. Alfa dealers are fairly grim on the whole, but I only hope to see them once a year, so I can live with it. In the meantime the car gives me so much pleasure that the odd niggle and rattle is neither here nor there.
:D
These saddos are giving Honda a bad name. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts