Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a new master cylinder in this motor has got to be one of the most diabolical jobs! It would be a breeze if Alfa had given a bit of thought to the spacing between the firewall and the back of the engine how on earth they expect you to crush your hand whilst holding cigarette style the spring clip and accurately insert it blind into the pinhole apertures on the master cylinder whilst struggling to push the coolant pipes over the top out of the way I really don’t know it’s a ruddy nightmare. And it’s impossible to get the hydraulic slave supply pipe into the master with the clip in place, you have to push it in squarely against clip tension and it just doesn’t go in properly.
Anyway you’ve guessed it, the clip slipped from between my sore fingers and is lost in the bowels of the subframe needle in a haystack now!
Can anyone please advise where I can get a replacement? I don’t want to have pay for another master cylinder! Preferably I’d like a box of clips as I can see it happening again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty sure those little clips come with the cylinders like the ones on the slave end do, just wondering what happened to the one on the old master cylinder? In different times scrapyard comes to mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts