Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've searched and searched but found nothing.

Numpties who drive around with their front fog lights on really REALLY get on my t1ts. I always flash them but I don't think they realise why or even care.

I'd like to keep my original front fog light control via the switch, but also have a sneaky switch to enable the dual setup, so I can turn it off for the MOT. I want to blind the feckers and I'm willing to retrofit beefier cables etc to allow me to use 80 or 100w bulbs in the foggies.

I'm not too bad with electrics but as Haynes don't make a manual, which makes things a bit tough.

Is it worth going through all this effort or are there driving lights that fit in the bumper retaining the standard look? I am not going to fit aftermarket spots on the bumper.

Cheers Chaps :)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Surely fog lights don't dazzle...or shouldn't. You need to calm down a bit, and, as you say, you'd probably be wasting your time as they're ignorant of their anti-social behaviour anyway.

I'm staggered, particularly at this time of year as I do a lot of night driving, at the number of cars that have poorly aligned headlights, makes me wonder how many bulbs have been fitted upside down.

Rear fog lamps, now that's a different matter, and, again at night, the number of drivers who sit stationary in traffic with their foot on the brake rather than use the handbrake, now that really does dazzle....but is it worth raising one's blood pressure over... I don't think so.

If you want to stress about something about pick something worthwhile, like the Eurozone or a Nuclear Iran. Life's too short.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the useful advice Pub.

Perhaps I should get stressed with people who criticise other peoples opinions while stating what should actually annoy me, like the state of the eurozone, but frankly I don't give a toss what happens over there or in Iran.

I do care about being able to turn on my fog lights with my main beam.

R

·
0 Posts
Is it just me but a few years ago on here there was a huge debate about fog lights and most people hated them when used unneccesarily but now all the new cars put the fog light on when turning into a turn which requires the indicator to be on? Why are the police not harrassing these *******s able to afford a new car???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts