Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks:confused::confused:

The problem i have with my 156 Ts alfa is I only have cold air coming out of my heaters inside the car and the engine is overheating even in the cold tempatures that we are having just now..my temp gauge goes to red within 10 mins of driving...can any1 tell me where my problem lies please??
p.s. Had to get a leak fixed with one of my hoses, but stupidly i left it and left it :rant:until i was pouring buckets into the water tank everytime i took the car out for a small journey..could this be where the problem has started from?
Help!!!!!!!!!!
MazeyMoo:)

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO.....:HAPPY:...info you need can be found in the tech lounges..type your problem in the search....:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like you have an air lock in your system (if you're lucky enough not to have done the head gasket in), from cold you need to take the header tank cap off and run the engine until it gets up to normal operating temperature and the heaters run warm in the car (you should notice a drop in the water level once the stat opens so top up the water as you're going - keep it so it's level with the small hose inlet at the top of the header tank (when hot)). Once up to temperature and if it's not spitting water everywhere, put the cap back on and wait for the radiator fan to kick in (it should be at about 95 degrees on your temp gauge). Fingers crossed no further damage has been caused and you should be ok...:rolleyes:
Hope this helps
Ian (Alfa Dudes)

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Hi Mazeymoo & :welcome3: to AO, hope you get the problem sorted soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts