T

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AO, you might try 156 area!

My 156 was great, but love the mito...

·
AO Silver Member
2,073 Posts
i've asked for this thread to be moved to the 156 lounge - you might get a better response there :thumbs:

·
Registered
23 Posts
8/10. Comfiest car I've ever driven. Handles really well if on the right tyres, looks great and well thought out inside. I'd really like to try a GTA though.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
After 7 years of ownership, with 112,000 miles on the clock, I'd honestly give it 10/10 for reliability. The only time I've broken down was when a power steering hose split, other than that it's just been normal 156 stuff at service intervals/MOT's. Due for an MOT in a couple of weeks so I hope I don't regret this post.

Steering feels nice and light, but lots of body roll, suspension is showing it's age but has been for about 40,000 miles now, an experts opinion is that's how 156's are. So handling 5/10.

Interior just suffers from being hard plastic, otherwise the leather is still in great condition, I think if the cockpit was in current soft touch textiles with up to date dials it would be superb, it's the way it wraps around.

It's pretty under powered especially when loaded, I always felt this even before i got the V6 GT.

It's been a 10/10 car for me, even if it knackered tomorrow, it'd owe me nothing.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
8/10

reliable - yes
looker - yes
can i work on it - yes
practical - yes

it's almost perfect

problems?

it's 7 yrs old and alfa don't make anything that suits me
paintwork isn't great
lowered and ride is tad bumpy - my fault though

overall though - great handling car
fantastic ergonomics

·
Registered
44 Posts
Id give mine 10/10. Never given a moments trouble, quick enough and very economical. Very comfortable ride on 16's and refined. Dont know why Alfa havent continued to develop this engine as the new engines are the reason my next car wont be an alfa with their GM 2.2 stretchy timing chain nonsense!! Twinsparks are lovely.:thumbs:

·
Registered
500 Posts
10 without a shadow of doubt, I have driven almost every other brand and always changed the car in just over a year however alfie is nearly 3 now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
8/10 - 1.8 TS - a revelation to me 6 years back after driving Fords, Renaults, Japs. It might do with just a bit more power, but the high revving and throaty throttle more than make up. The Veloce had a really good refined ride as well. I've now got a 1.9 16V 156 SW Veloce - more power, but think I prefer the TS overall. [Does anyone know why the JTD 16v Veloce has a noticably different ride (somewhat harder) than the 1.8 Veloce?].

1 - 11 of 11 Posts