Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Want to get a towbar fitted to my JTS SW and would like any advice on which one to get, a few on ebay to choose from, don't want to have to cut the bumper so a swan neck seems to make sense.

What is wiring the electrics like, did one with a friend on a VW T5 transporter, where as my mates subaru legacy was a 600quid job at a main dealer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Arrrrr. You're not allowed to tow things with an Alfa! Buy a Volvo instead:lol:

Yes but inthe real world some people need to tow stuff.........

At least he's kepping his alfa and not buyying a volvo, bmw, etc....

the yellow pages is your best bet. £250 inc fitting, it took my guy 4 hour in the rain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh but it must be allowed if you are towing a track day car surely? Not an Alfa afraid but a 68 MG BGT or the dirt bike, only reason I need the tow bar!

I will give some local fits a call.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I went to Indespension for mine which is fitted onto a saloon- not particularly cheap, but good. I tow a glider trailer with mine- surely this also is allowable. How about a compromise here- Alfas should only have towbars with single electrics fitted....

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I went to Indespension for mine which is fitted onto a saloon- not particularly cheap, but good. I tow a glider trailer with mine- surely this also is allowable. How about a compromise here- Alfas should only have towbars with single electrics fitted....
You got a glider. COOL.
lets have a go.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I'm with MrFlaky. My 156 tows my 155 to the track. Does that let me of the hook!!! ahem, no pun intended!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts