Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
156 throttle body diameter / intake hose

Hi all,

Not ben on here for a while since selling the 156 - which in hindsight was a silly thing to do!

I have a little Fiat Barchetta at the moment and need some parts which are out of production. I'm pretty sure a 156 intake hose will fit - but can someone do me a favour and find out what diameter it is?

I'm looking for the hose which connects to the throttle body with a breather pipe on the top. If it's close enough to 68mm internal diameter then I can make it fit :cool:

All assistance appreciated,

Pete.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Thought I'd got a throttle body lying around...I often bring parts home to send to people who then don't complete the request:lol:...but I can't seem to find one...and its a bit cold to go outside and pull the hose off my car just now......if no-one else can help I'll check tomorrow after work:)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, much appreciated!

The reason I fished for a 156 hose is that the Barchetta engine is effectively a 1.8 TS, but with a single plug head. Goes well in the little B :)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great link, thanks!

If anyone could check for me, I need to know if the rubber (not plastic) version of the 156 intake hose is a similar length to this. The inside diameter I know is fine, it's the length as shown below I need checked - so no need for anyone to take anything apart, just 2 seconds with a tape please.

Where shown I've measured from 12 o'clock on each end.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can nobody help? Please?

Surely someone has a 156 and a tape measure?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Note that when in position it's compressed on the flexible part and a bit shorter than when not! so the part might actually fit 190 mm - 161 mm = 29 mm, try compressing your part a bit and se if the 29 mm disappears!
William lütken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts