Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2004 156 1.9JTD Mjet

I'm pretty sure I need a new thermostat but wanted to confirm with some more knowledgeable people first.

I drive 20 miles to work at 70mph every day and at the weekend get a few 40mile+ trips in and the needle on the gauge never really rises much above the starting point and never gets to the first notch (70?) and I'm sure I've read it should get to 90 and sit there.

If this needs replacing is it an easy DIY job as I'm happy to try my self. How much is the part going to cost me, would I need to replace anything else at the time, and where is going to be the best(cheapest) place to buy from?

Thanks
Willeh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave I've had a read through that thread but it doesnt address my other question of

'How much is the part going to cost me, would I need to replace anything else at the time, and where is going to be the best(cheapest) place to buy from?'

·
Premium Member
76,987 Posts
eurocarparts - £52.20 using 25% OFF code (confirmed for your car)

you'll need some coolant

and:

1 x 29-41mm hose clip
1 x 10-13mm hose clip
2 x 13-19mm hose clips

erm the clips are correct for a one-eight twinnie...................sorry....not a smoker

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

you'll need some coolant

and:

1 x 29-41mm hose clip
1 x 10-13mm hose clip
2 x 13-19mm hose clips

erm the clips are correct for a one-eight twinnie...................sorry....not a smoker
Thanks stevie very helpful and far cheaper than I've managed to find it online so far. Any idea on how much coolant I'll need?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Fit genuine / behr .the facet ones are poorly engineered.believe me they pass water before temp is reached .they are about 85

·
Registered
565 Posts
looks like £16+Vat and delivery is kinda cheap then........!!!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

you'll need some coolant

and:

1 x 29-41mm hose clip
1 x 10-13mm hose clip
2 x 13-19mm hose clips

i'd just like to add a bit to this for a JTD, you'll need a

1 x 29-41
1 x 10-13
1 x 13-19
and 1x a bit bigger than a 13-19 :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'd just like to add a bit to this for a JTD, you'll need a

1 x 29-41
1 x 10-13
1 x 13-19
and 1x a bit bigger than a 13-19 :)

[email protected]
Thanks for that very helpful info again. It might be too early to say, but have you noticed any increase in MPG once you made the replacement?

I'm not able to start my replacement until payday :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts