Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've had a search on the forum but have mostly come up with threads relating to GT's. Ever since buying my 156 SW about 7 weeks ago I have noticed it is a bit noisier than it should with wind noise in the cabin.

However today it is quite gusty outside and it was horrifically loud inside the cabin with wind seeming to be blowing through both the driver and passenger front door regions. The seals look to be in good condition with no tears and are well attached. Are there any areas that I should be looking in particular?

I am suspecting it could be an issue with the window angle and it might not be sealing fully with the rubber at the top of the window. Is there some sort of angle adjustment mechanism where I can change the angle slightly and see if I get a better seal and thus less noise? I have also read some suggestions to check the front wheel wells and will give them a look too.

All help would be greatly appreciated as it was driving me insane today. I don't expect it to be completely wind-proof but it can certainly be improved over the current situation.

Cheers,
Alex

·
Administrator
46,714 Posts
Weird. Can you feel airflow too, or just hear it?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Does it sound like top of the door or rear?

There's a bar mounted on the pillar at the trailing edge of the door aperture that the lock engages with - I undid mine a bit and moved it slightly inwards (they're designed to slide for adjustment) and it got rid of most of my wind noise issues.

Most...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it sound like top of the door or rear?

There's a bar mounted on the pillar at the trailing edge of the door aperture that the lock engages with - I undid mine a bit and moved it slightly inwards (they're designed to slide for adjustment) and it got rid of most of my wind noise issues.

Most...
This might be something to look into as I had a look yesterday before my drive home and looked as though there could be some slight adjustments made to the door to get a better seal. So I'll head out and try and have a look today if I can be bothered braving the cold :thumbup:

Weird. Can you feel airflow too, or just hear it?
Noise is the issue. Couldn't feel any airflow coming through at the time but I will keep checking over the next couple of days if the door adjustment doesn't do the trick. It seems to be worse on the passenger (right) side of the car.

Maybe its had a door bend break in.
I think that is unlikely though not completely out of the question. I'll try ExBrick's suggestion and I guess I will work my way from there. I don't expect total silence but at least some improvement would be nice as I am planning a few road trips in the summer and would rather drive without excess wind noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts