Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my Tracking looked at on the rear of the wagon. The tracking is out by 3mm toe out causing excessive inner tyre wear.
The guy from the tyre place didn't have a clue how to adjust it and sadly sent me on my way :(
Can anyone help with the tech info on how to sort this problem , as hopefully i am going to have a look this weekend pending weather :rolleyes:
All help and info is greatly welcomed cheers :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
The rear tracking is adjusted by moving the inner bolt of the rear transverse links.
It is a cam-bolt.

You want 3mm of toe-in on the back.

Set the front to 0mm toe

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear tracking is adjusted by moving the inner bolt of the rear transverse links.
It is a cam-bolt.
Much appreciated David C :thumbs: ,i will have a go over the weekend and let you know.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
But first make sure the transverse arm bushes haven't worn out, personally I'd fit powerflex bushes to prevent them wearing again and then sort the tracking.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But first make sure the transverse arm bushes haven't worn out, personally I'd fit powerflex bushes to prevent them wearing again and then sort the tracking.
Cheers Smaky ,
I did the brakes last week, i checked the transverse arms and the bushes to see if they were worn when i had the discs off.Everything seemed to be in great shape ,i know the suspension has been uprated with koni shocks and springs. I think when they were fitted the geometry was slightly disturbed. The 4 wheel tracking machine said rear is out by 3mm toe out .So im going to get it sorted now i know what bolts to adjust.
I got polybushes on my GTV they are great and have helped with the front end ,but i like the ride on the wagon with the koni's and dont want it to be too stiff:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts