Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i may be selling my 2005 156 sportwagon.

it's the ti model with the leather seats etc they come with.
on gta wheels too.

slightly above average miles for year, anyone interested?

won't be top money, not a top condition car to be honest.

if any interset i will compose a for sale ad :thumbs:

·
Registered
401 Posts
That is totally awesome - best car ever really, best engine, best spec, best shape, great colour and wheels - but then im biased.

If i was collecting them id have it :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is totally awesome - best car ever really, best engine, best spec, best shape, great colour and wheels - but then im biased.

If i was collecting them id have it :)
you know what mate, just washed it early this morning to try and beat the weather :rolleyes: and took it for a run.

it is an awesome car.

had it a good while now so got itchy feet, but what would i replace it with?

been looking at fiat multiplas of all things....

would suit me more for the extra space for lugging family and stuff around, plus more space for track day towing with my sud.

but maybe i will keep it as there doesn't seem much call for it :thumbs:

·
Registered
401 Posts
honestly mate, your car is awesome, i really wouldnt sell it. If i didnt have one already , i'd instantly buy it off you

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
I'll swop, but there's no point really View attachment 177050

As you say what would you get instead? I've thought about that in the past and it just encourages me to throw even more cash in her direction.

Having suffered over the last year, she still lives and all is forgotten once that 20v starts to pull. Keep it, you know you want to!

Love the Ti seats, shame they don't do them in tan - I keep debating whether or not to swop the interior.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you're considering buying a Multipla there'll be room in it for your guide dog!
:cheese:

would actually be the facelift multipla, but still no oil painting

more a case of function over beauty.

but wavering towards sticking with what i've got now :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no ad, was just testing the water.

will sleep on it to see if it actually becomes for sale.

price will be north of £2k, not hugely over £2k but what else could i get for that?

153K miles

tax end march, mot october. will put another year on the mot for a decent offer.

most of the usual work already done - all front suspension arms, discs & pads front & rear etc etc. just done the aux tensioner & alternator pulley this weekend. cambelt done about 25k ago in 2010

although the pics make it look mint there are a few dents, nothing major but it is coming up to 10 years old now!

·
Registered
401 Posts
you'd get absolutely nothing whatsoever for 2k !

yours has done quite a bit of mileage - but who cares? thats just a number on a clock

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2k- you can have 2 of my Volvos for that. A C70 T5 and V70 R. Around 490 bhp between them!!
Yeah but show me one of the two that'll almost always do north of 40mpg... with chip can be quite a bit north of 200bhp and still do over 40mpg ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah but show me one of the two that'll almost always do north of 40mpg... with chip can be quite a bit north of 200bhp and still do over 40mpg ;)

North of 40mpg-is that possible...........lol. The V70 R at best is 29 and the C70 T5 35mpg. That's driving like Miss Daisy and manual. That's why I'm looking for a 156 jtd, cos they're a fantastic mix of performance, economy and practicality.

·
Registered
353 Posts
no ad, was just testing the water.

will sleep on it to see if it actually becomes for sale.

price will be north of £2k, not hugely over £2k but what else could i get for that?

153K miles

tax end march, mot october. will put another year on the mot for a decent offer.

most of the usual work already done - all front suspension arms, discs & pads front & rear etc etc. just done the aux tensioner & alternator pulley this weekend. cambelt done about 25k ago in 2010

although the pics make it look mint there are a few dents, nothing major but it is coming up to 10 years old now!
I'm under pressure to drive something more stylish by my wife and kids. Cards on the table as I have the money in the Bank, what is just north of £2k please?

This might be a silly question but why are the door mirrors not colourmatched to the car. Forgive my lack of Alfa knowledge if that is a stupid question.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm under pressure to drive something more stylish by my wife and kids. Cards on the table as I have the money in the Bank, what is just north of £2k please?

This might be a silly question but why are the door mirrors not colourmatched to the car. Forgive my lack of Alfa knowledge if that is a stupid question.
not a stupid question at all ;)

most 156's i've owned have had black mirrors, the early cars suffered terribly with flaky paint over the alloy mounting plate.
have seen some with colour coded mirrors though, whether it was an option when new or model specific i'm not sure.

price wise, it would really have to be around £2.5k at least to get me to consider selling ;)

would still be a wrench at that.

but everything has its price, catch me on a good day :D

but i wouldn't be totally against a trade in.............must be a cheapy though, would only be considered a runaround while i found something else.

not interested in any deals where i end up with a car i don't really want and half the cash i really need :rolleyes:

:lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts