Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone!

I have a 98 Alfa 156 2.0 SP2. Just since the weather has got really cold and damp, the first time I use it after it has been sat for a day or so the front right hand suspension makes an awfully loud squeaking/creaking noise for the first 15 mins or so of driving it?

Can anyone shed any light on what this is likely to be, before I go spending a fortune upon it!!

Many thanks to you all in advance!

·
Registered
143 Posts
squeeking and creaking is usually upper wishbones the bushes dry up overtime and start to perrish I can only guess that they quieten down because they are getting wet during driving

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, you upper wishbone bushes are worn. you can spray some silicon on them to quieten them up, but they will need replacing. They're about 30 quid aside from EB spares. I know this as I have just received wishbones for my 156 from EB. Might as well get drop links as well they are only 12 quid a side. Apparently an easy job to fit, there's a 'how to replace front wishbones' on this site.

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
Don't replace upper wishbone arm bushes, buy the whole arm which comes with a new bush. The balljoints wear as well, chances are you'll fit a new bush and 3 months down the line the balljoint will have play, meaning you have to bin the arm with the new bush in anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts