Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after tryiny a few things to try start my 156 i have still no joy the last thing i tried was powering the pump up by shorting out the relay but still never worked does anyone have any more idea s

thanks

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Are you getting fuel at the injector rail? There's a bleed valve at the right-hand end (under a plastic cover).

Try pressing that in with something clean (be careful, as the fuel will be under high pressure - use a rag or something to catch it) and see if there's anything there.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
If its turning over but not firing , try checking the throttle body earth , its situated to the front of the throttle housing and around the end of the injector rail.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will give it ago is it the little one on throttle housing on thye same plate as the ecu then the bigger one at the back of head on the right hand side

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
Presumably you have pressed the button on the fuel cut-off under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Which model of 156 is this? V6, JTD, Tspark or selespeed?

Which pump have you shorted out?

Have you had the fault codes read yet.

Smakys first ideas when he saw the thread title was low fuel or crank sensor, but he did say that not knowing which model 156 it is means that all the guys above are just guessing and they are obsessed by the fuel cut off switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts