Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had enough of my sticking front door buttons.The good news drivers handle is now fixed.The bad news there is no quick fix.The procedure is is remove door panel/handle unscrew the handle from the lock.Now the tricky bit carefully tap out a thin split pin then tap out the other thicker pin slide out barrel and clean then use some light emery cloth where required clean again oil reassemble.Get back indoors open a bottle of Barolo or have a good malt or beer or go to the pub tell(bore) your better half about all the effort at least she will be happy as the sticking button will become a distant memory.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a little tube of Super Lube - its synthetic based with PTFE in it - squirt it in the gap, depress button a few times, problem solved for another month or so :)

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Glad I read this , I've been climbing in via back door ;-). :cheese:
That's even easier with a Sportwagon:

Catherine Zeta Jones Alfa Romeo Sport Sexy Funny Commercial - Carjam Radio 2011 - YouTube

:thumbs:

On a more serious note, I'd be interested on an update from the OP next winter to confirm the sticking hasn't recurred. I think the problem is that due to its position on the upward part of the door curve, the handle points slightly up and therefore inevitably takes in water which necessitates periodic wd40 or similar. Not convinced the emery paper work will be a long term cure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts