Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a very odd issue with the stock Bose system on my 156 Sportwagon...

Basically, one day the stereo decided to turn itself off after 20 minutes, which is the standard length of time it would stay on when you turn the ignition off. However, I never set this feature and the stereo turns off when I'm driving around.

I can't find anything in the manual about this feature apart from a vague reference to the 20 minute sleep thing with nothing about settings or menu items. Previously, the stereo would be linked to the ignition, and would turn off when the ignition turned off.

It's factory fitted, not aftermarket in any way so the pins are not the wrong way round (as some folk have found when installig a new system) and I have literally changed nothing. I've tried a full ECU reset with no joy (to try and fix the heating controls that have gone mental) and I'm not sure what to try next.

Anyone got any ideas? I think I'll be having a look in the dash next, so can someone point to instructions on how to remove the front panels?

156 V6 24v Lusso '02 Sportwagon

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
First thing is to check that the switched live feed is working.
Is anything else not working as they may share a common fuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear right window isn't working and the heating has gone nuts (adjusting the temp causes it to increase to max on it's own) but the window has been a problem from day one. The climate control issue was recent and about the same time, but certainly not the same day...

How do I check the switched live feed? I wish there was a Haynes manual for the 156... :rolleyes:

I just can't think of anything I have done differently that would cause it all to break.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts