Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,my 156 1.6 has been reluctant to start of late,engine turns over but doesnt fire up,not sure if the cut out button under the passenger seat is faulty because when i touch it the engine will start,or maybe i'm just imagining it!...help please required.

Thanks Phil.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just developed a similar problem on my 2.0 TS 147 Generally it starts ok, but twice now in the last 4 days it just won't fire. I was gonna have a good look round at the weekend :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking thru this forum ,i have come across a few threads which point to a faulty crank sensor possibly being the problem,this apparently gives the same symptoms as we are experiencing,sometimes she will start sometimes she wont!...my other half flattened the battery trying to start her yesterday:( ,i recharged the battery and she started first time:confused:

Anyway i will be taking her to BLS in Lincoln first thing monday ,thats if she will start......

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hi, I have been having the same problem, four times in the last week it has turned over but the engine wont fire up. Every time this happens it has been up to an hour after i was last driving the car so the engine was still warm. Any ideas? And to make things worse last night when it happened the engine warning light came on.

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi, I have been having the same problem, four times in the last week it has turned over but the engine wont fire up. Every time this happens it has been up to an hour after i was last driving the car so the engine was still warm. Any ideas? And to make things worse last night when it happened the engine warning light came on.

Thanks
Did u ever get to the bottom of ur problem, doing a search at the moment cause im having starting problems, always starts fine when cold but after some journeys it wont start first time, but leave it 10mins or an hour and it starts no probs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Think its fixed now, been fine for the last two weeks so touch wood thats it sorted, It was the crank shaft sensor.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My problem was traced to a faulty crank sensor too,my local garage fitted it for £85 all in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts